Who Is Nicki Minaj Dissing?
Nicki Minaj, the queen of rap, is known for her powerful lyrics and fearless attitude. Over the years, she has taken aim at various individuals in the music industry, sparking controversy and gaining attention. Let’s dive into some of the notable feuds that Nicki Minaj has been involved in.
The Infamous Feud with Cardi B
One of the most well-known rivalries in recent years is between Nicki Minaj and Cardi B. The tensions between these two talented female rappers escalated to a physical altercation during a New York Fashion Week party in 2018. Since then, both artists have released diss tracks and exchanged heated words on social media.
- In her song “Motorsport,” Nicki Minaj accused Cardi B of changing her verse after hearing that Nicki was featured on the track.
- Cardi B retaliated on Instagram, claiming that Nicki attempted to sabotage her career and stop her from getting collaborations.
- Their feud reached its peak when Cardi B threw a shoe at Nicki during the Fashion Week event.
The Drake vs. Meek Mill Feud
Nicki Minaj found herself caught in the middle of another high-profile feud between two male rappers – Drake and Meek Mill. Interestingly, both Drake and Meek Mill were romantically linked to Nicki at different times.
- In 2015, Meek Mill accused Drake of using ghostwriters, which ignited a firestorm of diss tracks from both sides.
- Nicki Minaj remained relatively neutral during the feud, but she did feature on Drake’s diss track “Back to Back,” which became a major hit.
- The feud eventually fizzled out, and both Drake and Meek Mill have since reconciled.
Remy Ma’s Diss Track
Rapper Remy Ma took shots at Nicki Minaj in her 2017 diss track, “ShETHER.” The song accused Nicki of using ghostwriters, plastic surgery, and various other claims. This sparked a heated response from Nicki Minaj.
- Nicki Minaj responded with her own diss tracks, including “No Frauds” and “Changed It.”
- She also took to social media to defend herself against Remy Ma’s accusations.
- The feud between these two female rappers intensified the ongoing debate about authenticity in the rap industry.
The Miley Cyrus VMA Incident
In 2015, Nicki Minaj called out Miley Cyrus during the MTV Video Music Awards. While accepting an award for Best Hip-Hop Video, Nicki confronted Miley on stage after Miley had made derogatory comments about her in an interview.
- Nicki famously said, “And now back to this b*tch that had a lot to say about me the other day in the press. Miley, what’s good?”
- This unexpected call-out became a viral moment and showcased Nicki’s ability to confront her critics head-on.
Nicki Minaj has never been one to shy away from a feud. Whether it’s with fellow artists or critics, she always stands her ground and defends herself fiercely. These high-profile disputes have not only fueled the gossip columns but have also served as inspiration for some of Nicki’s most powerful and memorable songs.
Love her or hate her, there’s no denying that Nicki Minaj knows how to keep us entertained with her fiery lyrics and unapologetic attitude.