What Nicki Minaj Songs Are About Safaree?
If you’re a fan of Nicki Minaj, you’ve probably heard her mention Safaree in some of her songs. Safaree Samuels, also known as SB or Scaff Beezy, was Nicki’s longtime partner and hype man during the early stages of her career.
Their relationship was highly publicized and often showcased in the media. While they have both moved on since their breakup, it’s interesting to explore the songs where Nicki Minaj references her past with Safaree.
1. “Bed of Lies” featuring Skylar Grey
This emotional ballad from Nicki’s album “The Pinkprint” reflects on a toxic relationship and the pain caused by deceit. Although Nicki has not explicitly confirmed that this song is about Safaree, many fans believe that the lyrics allude to their tumultuous romance.
The song includes lines like:
- “You could never make eye contact” – suggesting a lack of trust and intimacy.
- “I just hope that you miss me a little” – hinting at longing for their past connection.
- “I’m lying down in this bed of lies” – conveying the feeling of being trapped in a relationship filled with deception.
2. “Win Again”
“Win Again” is a track from Nicki Minaj’s mixtape “The Pinkprint Freestyle.” While not explicitly mentioning Safaree by name, it is believed to be referencing their past relationship based on the timing and context surrounding its release.
In this song, Nicki expresses her resilience and determination to succeed despite facing setbacks and heartbreak. The lyrics convey a sense of empowerment and moving forward from a failed relationship, which many fans interpret as a nod to her breakup with Safaree.
3. “Bed” featuring Ariana Grande
Although “Bed” is primarily about sexual desire, some fans believe that certain lines allude to Nicki Minaj’s past with Safaree. The song explores themes of seduction and longing for physical intimacy.
In the song, Nicki raps:
- “Got a bed, wit’ your name on it” – possibly hinting at a shared history and personal connection.
- “Might let you wife me for the night” – suggesting a temporary reunion or reminiscing about their past relationship.
4. “I Lied”
“I Lied” is another track from Nicki Minaj’s album “The Pinkprint.” While it is not explicitly confirmed whether this song references Safaree, the lyrics delve into themes of heartbreak, regret, and self-reflection.
The following lines are particularly notable:
- “I don’t wanna be without you” – expressing conflicting emotions after a breakup.
- “I cried on these diamonds” – symbolizing the pain experienced during the end of a significant relationship.
While Nicki Minaj has not explicitly revealed which songs are about Safaree Samuels, these tracks offer subtle hints and glimpses into their past relationship. Whether or not they are inspired by Safaree, they showcase Nicki’s ability to convey raw emotions through her music.
Remember to listen to these songs and decide for yourself how they resonate with you. Music is subjective, and the interpretations may vary from person to person. Regardless of their origin, these songs undoubtedly add depth and personal touch to Nicki Minaj’s discography.