What Is Cardi B’s Real Name and How Is It Pronounced?
Cardi B, born on October 11, 1992, in New York City, is a renowned American rapper, songwriter, and actress. While she is widely known by her stage name Cardi B, her real name is Belcalis Marlenis Almánzar.
Belcalis Marlenis Almánzar might seem like a mouthful to pronounce at first glance. However, once you break it down into syllables, it becomes much easier to say:
- The first part of her name, “Bel,” is pronounced like “bell.”
- The second part of her name, “calis,” sounds similar to “cah-liss.”
- The first part of her middle name, “Mar,” is pronounced like “mar” in the word “margarine.”
- The second part of her middle name, “lenis,” sounds like “leh-niss.”
- The first part of her last name, “Al,” is pronounced like the letter ‘L’ followed by the short ‘a’ sound.
- The second part of her last name, “mán,” sounds like the word “man” without the final ‘n’ sound.
- The final syllable of her last name is pronounced as “zar” with a silent ‘z’ at the beginning.
So, the correct pronunciation of Cardi B’s real name is:
Bel-calis Mar-lenis Al-mán-zar
Now that you know how to pronounce Cardi B’s real name, you can confidently refer to her using her given name when discussing her achievements or personal life. It’s always nice to show respect by addressing individuals by their preferred names.