What Dr Who Episode Is Andrew Garfield In?
Dr Who is a popular British science fiction television series that has captivated audiences for decades. With its unique blend of time travel, adventure, and memorable characters, it has become a cultural phenomenon.
One of the actors who had the opportunity to be a part of this iconic show is none other than Andrew Garfield.
Andrew Garfield’s Appearance in Dr Who
Many fans might be surprised to learn that Andrew Garfield, best known for his portrayal of Spider-Man in the Amazing Spider-Man film series, made a guest appearance in Dr Who. Garfield appeared in the 2007 episode titled “Daleks in Manhattan/Evolution of the Daleks.”
In this two-part episode, the Doctor (played by David Tennant) and his companion Martha Jones (played by Freema Agyeman) find themselves in New York City during the Great Depression. They discover that the Daleks, one of the Doctor’s most feared adversaries, are plotting to create a new breed of Dalek-human hybrids.
Garfield plays the character of Frank, a young man working on the construction site for Hooverville, a shantytown that provides shelter for those affected by the economic downturn. Frank becomes an integral part of the Doctor and Martha’s efforts to thwart the Daleks’ plans.
A Memorable Performance
Andrew Garfield’s performance in this Dr Who episode showcased his acting talents even before he gained international fame as Spider-Man. He brought depth and emotion to his character, capturing both Frank’s vulnerability and determination to protect those he cares about.
- Bold text: Andrew Garfield delivered a bold performance that left a lasting impression on Dr Who fans.
- Underlined text: His portrayal of Frank was emotionally charged, earning him praise from both fans and critics alike.
- The episode “Daleks in Manhattan/Evolution of the Daleks” was part of the show’s third series.
- The story arc explored themes of social inequality, human experimentation, and the consequences of unchecked power.
- The episode featured iconic villains like the Daleks, adding excitement and tension to the narrative.
Andrew Garfield’s guest appearance in Dr Who’s “Daleks in Manhattan/Evolution of the Daleks” episode added another layer of talent to the already stellar cast. His performance as Frank demonstrated his versatility as an actor and his ability to bring depth to any role.
Whether you are a fan of Andrew Garfield, Dr Who, or both, this episode is definitely worth watching to see Garfield shine in a different kind of role.