Spider-Man is one of the most beloved superheroes of all time, and over the years, we have seen several actors donning the iconic red and blue suit. One actor who portrayed Spider-Man in recent years is Andrew Garfield.
But how many Spider-Mans are there with Andrew Garfield? Let’s dive into it.
The Amazing Spider-Man
In 2012, Andrew Garfield first swung onto the big screen as Peter Parker in “The Amazing Spider-Man.” This rebooted series aimed to give a fresh take on the beloved superhero, exploring Peter’s high school days and his journey to becoming Spider-Man. Garfield’s portrayal received praise for his emotional depth and wit.
- Character: In this series, Andrew Garfield played Peter Parker, also known as Spider-Man.
- Villains: The Amazing Spider-Man featured several classic villains from the comics, including The Lizard (Dr. Curt Connors) portrayed by Rhys Ifans.
- Love Interest: Emma Stone played Gwen Stacy, Peter Parker’s love interest in the series.
The Amazing Spider-Man 2
The success of “The Amazing Spider-Man” led to a sequel released in 2014, titled “The Amazing Spider-Man 2.” This film continued to explore Peter’s struggles as he faced new challenges and adversaries.
- Character: Once again, Andrew Garfield portrayed Peter Parker/Spider-Man in this installment.
- Villains: “The Amazing Spider-Man 2” introduced Electro (Max Dillon) played by Jamie Foxx and Green Goblin (Harry Osborn) portrayed by Dane DeHaan as the primary antagonists.
- Love Interest: Emma Stone reprised her role as Gwen Stacy, Peter’s love interest.
Future Spider-Man Projects
After “The Amazing Spider-Man” series, Andrew Garfield did not continue his portrayal of the web-slinger. The franchise was rebooted once again, this time with Tom Holland taking on the role in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
However, rumors have surfaced that Andrew Garfield might reprise his role as Spider-Man in the upcoming movie “Spider-Man: No Way Home.” While specific details remain under wraps, fans are eagerly waiting to see if Garfield will indeed return to the Spidey suit alongside Tom Holland and Tobey Maguire, who previously portrayed Spider-Man in Sam Raimi’s trilogy.
So, to answer the question of how many Spider-Mans there are with Andrew Garfield – it’s two! Andrew Garfield played Peter Parker/Spider-Man in “The Amazing Spider-Man” and its sequel “The Amazing Spider-Man 2.” While he may or may not return for future projects, fans will always remember his contribution to the iconic superhero’s legacy.
If you haven’t seen Andrew Garfield’s portrayal of Spider-Man yet, make sure to check out these movies for a fresh and modern take on the friendly neighborhood web-slinger!