Queen is the fourth studio album by the American rapper Nicki Minaj. Released on August 10, 2018, by Young Money Entertainment and Cash Money Records, it was highly anticipated by fans and critics alike. The album features a total of 19 songs, each showcasing Minaj’s versatile style and lyrical prowess.
Let’s take a look at the tracklist of Queen:
- Ganja Burns – This captivating opening track sets the tone for the album with its infectious beat and powerful lyrics.
- Majesty (featuring Eminem and Labrinth) – A star-studded collaboration that showcases Minaj’s ability to hold her own alongside rap legend Eminem.
- Barbie Dreams – This controversial song gained significant attention for its playful and bold lyrics about various male celebrities.
- Rich Sex (featuring Lil Wayne) – A high-energy track where Minaj and Lil Wayne deliver their verses with impeccable flow.
- Hard White – An anthem-like song where Minaj asserts her dominance in the rap industry.
- Bed (featuring Ariana Grande) – A sensual collaboration between two powerhouse artists that became an instant hit.
- Thought I Knew You (featuring The Weeknd) – A soulful track exploring themes of love and betrayal.
This is just a glimpse of some of the standout tracks on Queen. The album also includes other incredible songs such as “Chun-Li,” “LLC,” “Good Form,” and more. Each song on the album showcases Minaj’s unique style and ability to switch seamlessly between genres.
Reception and Impact
Upon its release, Queen received generally positive reviews from critics. Many praised Minaj’s versatility as an artist and her ability to deliver catchy hooks and clever wordplay. The album debuted at number two on the Billboard 200 chart and was certified platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA).
Queen solidified Nicki Minaj’s status as one of the most influential and talented female rappers in the industry. With its diverse range of songs, the album appealed to a wide audience and showcased Minaj’s growth as an artist.
Queen is a remarkable album that showcases Nicki Minaj’s artistic evolution and talent. With 19 captivating songs, it offers a diverse listening experience for fans of rap and hip-hop music. Whether you’re a long-time follower of Minaj or a newcomer to her music, Queen is definitely worth adding to your playlist.