Leonardo DiCaprio is known for his iconic hairstyles, and his hair in the 90s was no exception. In this article, we will delve into the secrets behind how Leonardo DiCaprio cut his hair during that era.
The Leonardo DiCaprio Haircut in the 90s
During the 90s, Leonardo DiCaprio sported a trendy and versatile haircut that became popular among many fans. This haircut featured medium-length hair with layers and a messy texture.
The Step-by-Step Guide
If you want to achieve the Leonardo DiCaprio haircut from the 90s, follow these simple steps:
- Step 1: Start by washing your hair thoroughly to remove any dirt or product buildup.
- Step 2: Towel dry your hair until it’s slightly damp. Avoid using a blow dryer as this hairstyle is all about embracing natural texture.
- Step 3: Apply a small amount of texturizing mousse or sea salt spray to add volume and enhance the messy texture.
- Step 4: Using a wide-toothed comb or your fingers, gently comb through your hair to distribute the product evenly.
Step 5: Take a pair of sharp scissors and start by trimming any split ends or damaged sections of your hair.
Remember to be cautious and trim small sections at a time to avoid cutting off too much length.
- Note: If you are unsure about cutting your own hair, it is always best to seek the help of a professional hairstylist.
- Step 6: To create layers, take small sections of hair and hold them between your fingers. Point the scissors vertically and make small, upward cuts to add texture and movement.
- Step 7: Continue cutting small sections throughout your hair, focusing on the front and sides to create a face-framing effect. Remember to maintain the length at the back for that signature messy look.
Tips and Tricks
Here are some additional tips and tricks to help you achieve the perfect Leonardo DiCaprio haircut from the 90s:
- 1. Embrace natural texture: The key to this hairstyle is embracing your hair’s natural texture, so avoid using excessive heat styling tools.
- 2. Use the right products: Invest in a high-quality texturizing mousse or sea salt spray to enhance your hair’s natural waves or curls.
- 3. Regular maintenance: To keep your haircut looking fresh, trim any split ends every six to eight weeks.
- 4. Experiment with styling: Play around with different styling products like pomade or wax to achieve different looks, such as a slicked-back style or a tousled bedhead look.
In conclusion, Leonardo DiCaprio’s haircut in the 90s was all about embracing natural texture and creating a messy yet stylish look. By following these step-by-step instructions and incorporating some tips and tricks, you can recreate this iconic hairstyle for yourself. So grab your scissors and get ready to channel your inner 90s Leo!